Friday, May 25, 2012

Hello Again

Hi everyone!! I have decided to start my personal blog again after a long break. A lot has changed in the past year, which has caused the way I dress to change as well. I got a full time job at a local high end boutique, started going to any and all fashion events in RVA, and overall just got a total confidence boost and realized something: you should always dress for yourself and never be afraid to push the limits with your style. Now every morning when I wake up I think “How will I top yesterday’s look??”.

There are a couple reasons why I decided to start blogging again. Even though I have my website www.fromtherunwaytorva.com and write about fashion for it all the time, I realized a part of me really loved being the face of a blog and being able to show off my own personal style and looks. Another big reason and new element I will be showing on this blog is that you don’t have to spend a lot or constantly shop to put a killer outfit together. I often have people asking me if I shop everyday or if I spend a ton of money on clothes to keep my outfits fresh and the answer is absolutely not!! I am a consignment queen and love to hunt for great sales and deals in stores and online. Now trust me if I had the money my closet would be filled with Chanel, Prada, Oscar de la Renta, Chloe, Alexander Wang, and vintage Dior, however that is far from the case so I have found other ways to look stylish and I would love to share my shopping tips.

So enough about why I am doing this, lets just get to it. I got these pants in NYC this past February and wasn’t sure I would be able to pull them off because of the bold pattern…now I am obsessed. I’m so in love with jumpsuits, and trousers right now, and these babies are no exception. I’m a huge fan of patten mixing and adding a “poc” (pop of color) this season so I decided to go for a leopard and polka dot combo with a shot of coral from my cardigan and lipstick.

What are some of your favorite trends for summer?? Favorite colors?? Must have items?? I wanna know!!

Check back daily for outfit posts, shopping tips and advice, and posts about my favorite fashion things. It’s nice to be back :]

Outfit Details:
Peter Pan collared tank by Kimichi and Blue from Urban Outfitters
Coral cardigan and black belt from H&M
Polka dot pants and gold hoop earrings from Forever 21
Leopard Platforms from Target

 Love Always xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blouse and wedges!
    I'm in love with them(:

    Mind checking out my blog?
    If you like it, please publicly follow!
    Once you do, you can enter the giveaway I have going on right now.

    -XO Abbigayle Rashae
    -trueblueabbi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you decided to start your blog again! I'm excited to follow it:)
    Love this outfit and mixing of colors. Looking fabulous as always.
    Just added your blog link to my rva link list. (obviously)
    P.s. I miss you

    <3 Leney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Leney!! You are the best :)
      P.s. I miss you more, lets change that ASAP please

      Delete