Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chihuly


 The other day I FINALLY went to see the Chihuly exhibit at the VMFA. I have heard about it from all my friends and coworkers and pretty much saw the entire exhibit via Instagram but I still had to go see it for myself and I am so glad that I did. I was mesmerized by all the amazing colors and shapes the glass came in and how beautifully it was displayed. It's nice to have such a great museum just a few block away.

For a day at the museum I decided to go with a more casual look. Its been unseasonably warm here so I was able to go out without a coat which allowed for a little more flexibility with my look. I love myself some colored denim so I paired my purple jeans with this cashmere sweater that has an embellished collar and sleeves for a feminine touch. Also as surprising as it may seem these boots are really comfortable so they were great for walking around the VMFA all day. It's rare but when I find a cute pair of heels that are comfortable to walk in they are an instant buy, no questions asked.

Hopefully this warm weather sticks around so I can wear more fun outfits like this one :]

Outfit Details:
Top and cardigan both thrifted
Jeans by BDG from Urban Outfitters
Bag from Urban Outfitters
Shoes by Ann Taylor from Clementine

Love Always, xoxo

1 comment:

  1. your photos are beautiful! I really loved this exhibit, I've been twice. My main squeeze keeps saying he wants to go but is too much of a workaholic to make it during open hours. : ( Love that second pose, btw. I think I saw you around carytown a while ago, but of course I bump into another fashion blogger when I'm wearing sweatpants and leaving a yoga class!

    ReplyDelete